Monday, March 1, 2010

L11: Beneath

I wish we could get beneath it all, the skin and bones, the words, the facades, to the place where there's nothing but truth and to find whatever it is that we might find there, just for the sake of finding it, just for the sake of knowing it, just for the sake of seeing and holding it.

But we dance and we dance, around and around, we never find the place where, beneath it all is hearts beating and voices singing. We never come to the place where all that is is love and community and there is no such thing as loneliness because deep down we all just want to be loved and to love, and deep down, beneath it all, no one is unlovable.

But we're stuck out here, we're stuck in this game and we don't know how to get out, or at least I don't, so I just collide, over and over again, into the places I wish I could sink past but can't. It doesn't stop me from trying, but it is the outcome, over and over and over again, as I try to get beneath it all, but just can't.

I wish we could transcend it all, all we see and all we think we know, and come to a place where we realize it's not what we know but who, and who knows us in turn. There's a lushness there, onward and inward, something warm, something vibrant, and it resonates on every string and every rhythm of every heart.

If only we could go deeper, then maybe we could go there, but we can only go together.

-Zack

"you move the earth but now the sky is falling"
-Anberlin

No comments:

Post a Comment