Tuesday, March 9, 2010

L18: Lifted

We once stood atop the mountain, stretched our arms wide and thought for a moment we could fly. I remember closing my eyes then and wondering how things could be so wonderful. But now I just wonder where it all went.

It's the silence that disturbs me most. The deafening inactivity, the raging calm and the maddening expanse of placidly portrayed miles.

We used to dive in head first, we used to jump without fear because we knew we'd be caught. But we now distrust even ourselves.

There's a broken mirror in which we see ourselves. If it wasn't whole in the past, we at least understood its brokenness. Now we believe more in the brokenness than we do our own existence.

But even so, His love lifts us. Slowly, steadily, we'll learn to fly again.

-Zack

"If the silence takes you then I hope it takes me too"
-Death Cab for Cutie

No comments:

Post a Comment