Monday, March 22, 2010

L28: Difference

It's funny how it works sometimes, that we intentionally end up in places and with people that aren't quite like us. And it's good too, but its' so far from easy. I don't know how it works for everyone, but I know for me, or well, I'm finding out everyday, that there's something in the difference, something in the places where everything doesn't quite meld, something there that I'll learn from. Every context has it's own levels of dissonance, but for whatever reason I find myself in contexts all of the time that don't resonate with me. Places where difference exists. Right now I'm learning from a place that is different from me due to its samenness in itself. I don't know if that's ironic, but life is rarely if ever dull.

-Zack

"with our hopes and our hearts and our hands, we're the architects of our last stand"
-Flobots

No comments:

Post a Comment