Monday, March 8, 2010

L16: Spring

There's a kind of rhythm to the world, a kind of persistent beat that drums itself, slowly or quickly, regularly or with syncopation. But it's a beat that goes on.

Winter leads to spring and spring would be a nuisance without it.

But as it is, spring is beautiful, even if just a transition to warmer days.

It stretches beyond all of that. We need winter. Not just the cold winter that, in the northern United States seems to stretch from November to April, but the winters we go through proverbially, from time to time and with regard to everything in our lives.

I don't love winter. I don't know how to love winter. But I love that it exists, because as soon as the first snow falls, spring is on the way.

-Zack

"You are my everything and I will adore you"
-Jennie Lee Riddle

No comments:

Post a Comment