Friday, March 12, 2010

L20: Waves

We never quite know where we're going, and somehow, that's part of the beauty of all of it. To stare into the great unknown and say "this will all one day be my home." Because all we don't really know are the details. Just details of who, what, when, and where. But we know the why, and we know it is beautiful: because God has willed it, and He perfectly loves us all as individuals, as His children. And somehow, that has to be enough. But staring into the great unknown, sometimes greater than other times, and right now quite great indeed, I know that it is enough. It is enough to know that I might not know anything else, but I know my life is in the hands of someone far greater than myself. All He asks is that we have faith in that fact. A simple action, far from easy.

But the waves come with the evening, a divine rhythm that reverberates within us all. In and out and up and down and good and bad and joyous and tragic. All at once. Creation is a series of endless ands, because He wants us to see this is all more than me, more than you, more than us until us is eternal.

-Zack

"We will run so far from here"
-Newsboys

No comments:

Post a Comment