Saturday, March 27, 2010

L33: Shepherd

"The God of love, my shepherd is."
"What shall I want?"

It's not just that we're being led by the almighty maker and ruler of all.  It's not just that we're in the hands of he who holds all in his hands, by whose will and word all came into being and all continues to be.

It's that that God, that maker, that ruler of all, loves us deeply.

I know I'll only ever comprehend the smallest bits of that love.  If I could dive the depths of human experience and feel all the love all loving is ever rendered, I imagine I'd still have a very incomplete understanding of God's love.

But there's something reassuring about even knowing that we can't know how much he loves us.  It suffices to say that we're, even collectively, too small to understand it.

And to know that someone who loves us that deeply, that completely, that incomprehensibly, is the one directing our paths, if we will follow, is, perhaps the best hope I can muster.  Even when things are brilliant and hope seems less necessary, that's but an illusion; things are only brilliant when hope is at its highest.

Above all else, his love, his leading, his very being, compels us to hope.

-Zack

"I was born to shine"
-John Mark McMillan

No comments:

Post a Comment