Monday, March 8, 2010

L17: Mist

I want to get closer, closer to the heart of it all, closer to the center of all reality that we all hang from and so rarely acknowledge. I want to get close enough to feel the rays, to bask in the heat that might only be a metaphor, because the lightness might only be a metaphor, and light might not even mean heat, when you're that close to the Father.

I want to be so close that, were it as much a waterfall as it sometimes feels, I would be drenched in the spray. But if it were a waterfall, then I wouldn't want to be drenched in the spray, because I would want to drown in whatever the source would be.

But I also want to strip it down, to get down to the core and cut through all of this endless metaphor we use because we just can't understand, we just can't get that close to know it at all. So we build things around it.

And there's nothing wrong with that, because we're limited, we're powerless, we're absolutely nothing without what is probably little more than a subatomic amount of all of that glory that gives us life and keeps us alive and lets us love and lets us know and say and hear and be.

But I don't think there's anything wrong with the desire either, to get closer.

-Zack

"I can't lie on my bed without thinking I was wrong"
-Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment