Wednesday, March 24, 2010

L31: Sun

I know that rain is necessary, to quench the parched Earth and all life to continue. I know storms come and winter is never more than 9 months away, and when winter comes in the north, the skies go overcast for weeks on end.

I know it has to happen, I know the storms and snows and floods come on the Earth and in our lives. I know it's necessary and can't be helped.

But oh to feel the sun, to see it burst forth behind and in front and all around. To feel the warmth dispelling the fog...oh to live in that place where the sun always is.

That would be supreme. Perhaps even and only divine.

But still the storms persist here, in this life and through it.

But I persist despite the storms, because somewhere, on the other side, I will feel the sun.

-Zack

"In an unreliable world, you shine like a star"
-Mat Kearney

No comments:

Post a Comment