Wednesday, March 31, 2010

L37: Faith

I don't know that I have the faith to encounter God would have me encounter.  To believe all he would have me believe.  To trust in so many things it seems I've no practical hope of seeing.  

But his faithfulness, mercy, and grace run deeper than my own unbelief.  

I want to have the deeper faith, the faith required to do, to see, to be, to experience all he would have for me.  

I've learned much from a life that, if all set before me, looks much longer than it feels.  But perhaps the most important thing I've learned is that God calls us to bold and brilliant things but his grace is big enough that, for the present moment, he simply asks for the faith to take the next step.

And he builds on that.  

Faith is not natural, and it is not granted.


It is grown.

-Zack

"Peel back our ribs again and stand inside of our chest.  We just wanna love you"
-John Mark McMillan
-

No comments:

Post a Comment