Sunday, February 14, 2010

Safe from the Guards

I've been trying to come up with something to say with a Valentine's day theme since Friday and it just isn't coming this year. This is the least valentine's-feeling valentine's day I've probably ever had, or at least for quite some time. There are a lot of reasons for that I'm sure, but most of them are probably summed up with how it's a Sunday and short of the obligatory sermon on God's love in Church this morning, I've been completely sheltered from all things Valentine's save for Zales commercials.

Tomorrow will probably feel exactly like President's day though...and that will probably be exactly like today...I don't know if that's ironic or just a fun fact.

On the whole, it's hard to top the summer olympics, but at least I enjoy watching basically everything in the winter olympics, even if it's out of novelty. Nothing could be further from the truth in the summer olympics, where at least 90% of them are quite boring to watch.

I once dated a girl who's birthday was Valentine's Day. We dated for about 32 days, all of them in the fall. From a cost perspective, she might have been one of the least expensive girls I've ever dated....there's only so much you can give someone on a single day after all. Other than that, I can't see any benefit from that relationship.....indeed, we dated for 32 too many days.

Ah well. The NBA All-Star game is tonight, and I haven't been able to watch it since my senior year of High School, so I guess I've got a date with that. Or some other stupid-emo-sounding-wordplay.

-Zack

"No words to say, No words to convey"
-Tracy Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment