Monday, February 22, 2010

L5: Lazarus

Revived. Renewed. Remade.

Resurrected.

There's no room for comprehension; I was blind now I see, I was dead, now I live.

I was old, I am new.

What I was then, I am not now. I have been transformed.

Then or now or soon or not yet, it's always going on, always already and always forever.

Call it sanctification if you must, but that word just feels so old, so outdated, so much like it says something about us.

But the process is becoming less and less ourselves and more and more someone else more us than we could ever be.

Sanctified, for what? after all, is the far better question.

No matter how far you've gone, no matter how high or how low, there's still hope for the future as long as you're still here.

Just look at Lazarus. He was dead. It's easy to think of that in so spoon-fed terms...but let's be honest; there's something to Lazarus we always miss: what did it mean for him to die and come back to life? It had to mean something. It had to mean that even in death God wasn't finished with Lazarus on Earth.

We're never useless to the Earth till God's finished using us.

-Zack

"The laughs will dance from up and down the pews"
-Death Cab for Cutie

No comments:

Post a Comment