Saturday, February 20, 2010

L4: Unseen

"Faith is having hope for things unseen"

It's more than trust. It's more than experienced calculations that things will probably turn out as they have in the past. It's the unseen, the unknown, the hope for the future based on what you can't know anything about.

Faith is so much bigger than the impetus that brings us back in relationship with God, a God who has always already "blessed us with every blessing from the heavenly realm." And we've got to believe that even though it seems so strange that that could be the case and things could often be so unsatisfying, so empty, so cold, so disappointing.

But it's because it's unseen, it's because it's about hope.

It's not about taking one step and into a larger world and realizing everything for the first time all at once. That would be convenient, but it would turn the faith switch off the moment it all began, and I do not believe that is the will of the Father.

He wants us to take hold of his hand and journey on into the great unknown, the ever unseen for all eternity.

God is asking me to have faith right now and I want to know why and how I can do it without having any sort of guarantee that anything will come from it.

But the point is that if I had any sort of guarantee, then it wouldn't be faith at all. That's the hardest realization I've ever had. And I can look back on life and know that he's been working. But that doesn't mean I can see how exactly he'll do it now...and I know that's exactly how he wants it.

Journey onward, journey deeper, adventure upward. That is the life to which we are truly called and the faith we must have.

-Zack

"Did you know what you were doing, did you know? Did you know how you would move me well, I don't even think so"
-Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment