Saturday, February 27, 2010

L9: Direction

"This is the way, walk in it"

Often, there is little we know. Often, there is little we see. We're but one entry point on literally billions into perceiving and working and moving through the world. Try as we might to approach similarity, at the end of the day, we fall apart on some level, we fail to connect at some key moment. If this weren't the case then marriage wouldn't so often be defined as both the deepest form of human connection on the most levels and the process of learning to compromise for the sake of love (or loving to the point of compromise. Were I married, I might care how I term that, but I'm not so I don't).

So how are we anything more than many islands floating about, crashing into each other from time to time, for good or bad?

I wish I could answer that, I wish I could find the connection point that goes deeper than all of this, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't exist, or at least not across the board, not on every level.

And somewhere deep inside all of that, it's right that that is the case, it's right that we're all so different and we're so prone to disagree or at least think differently even if we're not outwardly disagreeing.

But we're called to community, we're called to reconciliation. And maybe we're fractured so we can approach that, so we can work toward it. Maybe sin didn't just separate individuals from God but individuals from individuals so that we would know our winnowing of dross that keeps us apart is an act ordained by God.

Even though we still fail here, here in this world, we can at least work in the right direction.

"This is the way, walk in it"

-Zack

"We will learn to be a piece is to be truly whole"
-Vienna Teng

No comments:

Post a Comment