Monday, September 7, 2009

The things you share with people when you're uncool...

I watched Almost Famous last night...and it's incredible. I can't believe I got through college with only barely ever hearing about it...but it's amazing. I got it from the library...I might watch in again before I return it on Saturday.

So...that's a movie recommendation. See Almost Famous. It's great. And it's got the guy from saved (Patrick Fugit).

Sunday, I read all of the auxilary Harry Potter books...they're short, and quite fun. That's a recommendation too...if you're at all into Harry Potter (and I think you should be...)

I am so happy College Football is back....I don't know if I've ever been this happy about it, at least in the last four years, and probably in my life. For the last 8 years, it meant football season started for band...which was always fine, but it always spread out my football-interests and shaded the season to be something else in my life (that and it meant school was back)...but now, I'm super excited about football again, and even more excited about school being back. Even if I'm not on campus yet, once I am, school being in session, from semester to semester and (Lord willing) year to year, will always be exciting and exhilirating...probably exhausting too, indeed, I know it will be....but it's always going to be incredible!

Hard, too though, I'm sure.

On multiple occasions this summer, praying in decided earnest has rendered real results...specifically, praying specifically, in earnest, decidedly. Two, specific occasions: 1. while my dad was still looking for a job, in late July, I decided I would pray specifically, every night, that he would find a job the next day. The very next day, he got an interview..for nearly two weeks, he either had an interview or got an interview set up every single day. The third week, nothing seemed to be happening, but then, on that Friday, he got a job. That may not sound like much, but before my prayers took that form, he was getting maybe one or two calls a week and had had like, 3 interviews in four months.

More recently (like Wednesday) I came to the conclusion that even more than my funding, I needed my own car...that way, I could really get going with my life....praying specifically that God would provide a car, tonight, I'm well on my way to getting a car. Sure, it's not like a miraculous free car or something...but it's something I can afford right now (sorta free til the end of the year...)...and I know God provided that.

Maybe you could call it all coincidence. But I don't.

Anyway, pray specifically, in earnest.

That being said, there are still a lot of things in my life that I have been praying for specifically for a very long time...and patience is still a huge part of it. God's timing isn't going to be superceded by your decision to care more about your prayers and be specific.

And sometimes, God's answers won't be what you want...or expect.

-Zack

"Finally over, just get over- time will tell if all turns out okay"
-Anberlin

No comments:

Post a Comment