Friday, May 1, 2009

Soon I will be done with the troubles of this world....

Last day of classes.  A day late, here, I know.  But yesterday was prefaced by a long Wednesday.  A very long wednesday.  I did lament missing my thursday post...oh well.  Lament is far too strong a word.

I think I'm refusing to subconsciously accept that it has been the last week of classes all week.  But here we are.  Last Oasis was last night....not as sad as I thought I would be, but I know I'll miss it.  Kitt is closed for close to forever...for awhile at least.  Even though last night would have been my last dinner in Kitt no matter what, it was much sadder than it would have been were it not the last meal kitt would be serving for at least a year.  

And today, I have my last couple of classes...then the WCF end of the year picnic.  A wonderful, heartfelt tradition.

I went to an Indians game Monday, and, in process, ate sushi and got free food after the game.  

Wednesday we explored Amish country a little...we spent too long at Heini's Cheese Chalet though, so we didn't see much else.  But it was wonderful, nonetheless.

I didn't quite meet my Fundraising goal for april....didn't quite by around $4990.  There have been snags, mostly related to having other things that I couldn't quite skip.  But I probably haven't worked as hard as I would have liked either.  But, after CFW, I can hit the ground running....I'll have sent out over 100 letters by graduation, so that's definitely a starting place.  It's also hard to know, because I think all the responses to my letters are going to my house in Ottawa....I could have raised a ton of committed funds and not know it....I'm not so sure if that's the case or not, indeed, I kind of doubt it, but God is faithful, and he's going to be faithful when I'm done with College and really fundraising on a larger, more serious level.

I'm excited about working with students.  It's making leaving Wooster a lot easier, knowing that the thing I did that I loved the most, ministry with WCF isn't leaving my life.  It's intensifying, elsewhere.  I know there is a lot of potential with the students at Hillsdale...not just because there are so many of them and a sense of unity could be powerful, but also because they are just smart, skilled people.  They are different from the average Wooster student....not on an academic level, but the passions and worries are different...and I think that, combined with everything I know so well from Wooster, could be a volatile, proactive, world-changing mixture.

That's my hope at least.

If, of course, I can get fully funded.  

Just 10 days til graduation.  That's insane.  I can't hardly believe it's already May.  

-Zack
"I've been putting off this purification, a rebirth and a regeneration inside of me, and I've been saying no for far too long even though something brand new is coming out of me"
-Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment