Thursday, May 7, 2009

We Could Change the World

We are walking, walking, walking.  Apart.

It's almost over.  Just 4 days from graduation now.  I finished my last paper yesterday and my only final on Tuesday.  That hasn't set in.  I don't know if anything is ever going to set in.  At some point, it will just all be over, and that's when it will have to hit me.  Or something.

I feel like I spend too much time talking about fund raising on here...but it's what's on my mind a huge portion of the time.  I've had good responses from people, but little in the way of actual funds...sent in or committed.  I'm going to have to work hard after graduation.  That's undeniable.  Really, it would be stupendous if my graduating friends could get jobs....that's definitely standing between me and some support right now.  And I'm sure they wouldn't mind it so much either.  I was looking at my prospects list yesterday, and if everyone on it gave 10 dollars a month, I would be at 85 percent of my funding.  That's interesting...but I know a lot of them probably won't give ever and many won't give for awhile.  That being said, hopefully many of them will give a bit more than 10 dollars a month.  

If you're reading this and received a letter from me though (or didn't, whatever) it would be sweet if you could jump on at 10 bucks a month because that would get me just that much theoretically closer to at least 85% of my funding...which is pretty close to the amount that I need to get to Hillsdale, and well over what I need to start getting paid....I've not even started dealing with alumni either...so I've got the prospects necessary, I think...it's just a matter of contacting them and praying and God moving them to give to the cause.  We really could change the world....if I could get fully funded and get on campus.  Hillsdale is kind of a powder keg...with the right spark, I know something huge could take place...something huge and wonderful.  

I'm not going to Chapter Focus Week, and that's really sad, for a lot of reasons.  It does, however, give me a couple of extra days to work on Fund Development stuff.

I don't feel like I have much to write about right now.  Perhaps I do.  But I don't think I do.

There were times when I couldn't wait to get out of Wooster over the years...going home was always a treat and something I relished each and every time.  Not this time though...leaving Wooster is among the last things I want to do now...it used to not be so bad...going to CFW was going to make it easier, or at least prolonged, having to leave everyone on a sort of permanent basis...but not going has kind of become a sort of train wreck I can't get around, and I'll just have to turn back from...or something.  I don't know...I just know that Monday is coming too soon, and every day before it sooner.

-Zack
"We were talking about the space between us all"
-The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment