Tuesday, April 27, 2010

And can it be...

Christ lives, and so too shall I.

That's the opening line of one of my favorite hymns, but I like it best when I break my own rules about Christian writing and deconstruct the lines.  That line is at its best when it's not followed by the rest of the song, which is mostly about heaven and resurrection.  There is nothing wrong with heaven or resurrection, but right now, I'm not terribly close to either occurrence.  Christ's life most immediately allows me to live fully, to embrace all that life has to offer deeply and love completely.  Christ lives and so too shall I; right here, right now.

-Zack

"Gently lifting hands to heaven,
softened by the sweetest hush,
a Father sings over his children,
loving them so very much."
-Five Iron Frenzy

No comments:

Post a Comment