Thursday, June 4, 2009

Approaching Waves

Don't ask me what the title means. I've been staring at a blank screen for the past twenty minutes, just because it's Thursday and I have nothing else to do at this exact moment (but I've got things to do later, including phone calls and a basketball game), so I had no reason to put off my weekly update. And it's really not like I've little to talk about for the past week. It as been a good, full week. Certainly.

Indeed, this week has been something of a showcase of God's faithfulness. At this very moment, I can certainly say Fund Raising is going good. Good progress happened this week. God is faithful.

And even good arose from the Cavs losing....in that it led me to something of an existential crisis...well, that's a bit extreme, but it was an important thing for my personal life....an important thing I'm not going to post all over the internet...not yet.

I just don't have much to say right now. I just can't come up with words that I feel like expressing.

A lot of weddings have already happened this summer. It's pretty cool. I haven't been to any yet, but it's that time of year...my first is but two weeks and two days away now. Well...not mine...the first one I'm going to this year.

I'm picking the magic. Which feels somewhat like saying I'm voting for Dukakis at this point.

I'm giving my first talk at a church on June 14th. It will be short. Pray for me, if you will.

David Caradine died today. His most significant impact on my life was that Kill Bill was one of the first movies I watched when I started watching movies for fun during Comparative Film. I didn't really like movies before that class....it's probably no secret that that's not the case anymore. Maybe he just decided he wanted to die in Asia....Suicide will never make sense to me...but for someone like David Caradine, it almost makes sense that he would want to decide so badly how he would get to go out and when...

Not that there's anything right with that.

I guess I've got nothing to say right now....because I can't come up with anything to say. It's a familiar feeling to other times in my life....but never so random as now.

-Zack
"My man's got a heart like a rock cast in the sea"
-Malcolm McLaren [About Her, from the Kill Bill soundtrack]

No comments:

Post a Comment