Thursday, April 9, 2009

Stagnation

Movement is not easy anymore.  Progress does not come simply.  Since turning in I.S., I've lost motivation, I've lost purpose, I've lost desire...to work on things toward graduation.  I've got to finish a paper, write a paper, and read...then I'll have completed a Bachelor's Degree at the College of Wooster.  I don't want to do any of it.  I've never really wanted to do schoolwork, per se, but, I can't even see much importance in it anymore.   Indeed, it feels quite "pointless" although the point is quite clear.

Thankfully, I don't feel this way about my remaining time with Wooster Christian Fellowship.  This probably has to do with the fact that the sort of stuff I'm doing with WCF is the sort of stuff I'll be doing at Hillsdale...at least in theory.  I'm still coming to terms with how different Hillsdale will be.  

I've been trying to get a letter out so I can officially start fund development...I mean, I guess the beginning stages are "part" of fund development, but I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere, waiting for things to fall into place before I can send out my letters.  I've had my first appointment though...so that's cool.  I'm just a bit a weary to schedule more until I've got a few more things in place for the effort.  That brings me to a first for this blog: a prayer request:  I've got to raise around $43,000 for the year, 34,000 by August first so I can get on campus at Hillsdale. My goal then, is to have $3600 a month in faithfully committed support.  Right now, I'm at $0. Pray that the commitments happen and that I can really hit the FD (fund development) trail hard in the meantime.  If you feel like you can be part of the answer to this prayer, check out www.intervarsity.org/donate and search for me..."Belcher" is probably the best choice because I'm not sure how my name is spelled in the database.  Part of me has this like, Obama/wikipedia-style grassroots hope for my ministry.  It would be really cool if I had 360 people supporting me at 10 dollars a month...that would be a sense of calling.  The chances of that happening are pretty slight probably...and then I start doing math and figure out that I should probably try to get a few big donors, a few smaller ones, and a few smaller yet, with the smallest like, around 25 bucks a month or something.  That's what we're told to do at least.  If, however, you would like to join the world-changing God will be doing at Hillsdale and can't do more than 10 a month, I would love to talk to you about making that number 359. More than anything though, I would love your prayers.

I cannot come to terms with a few things in my life:

College ending.  If I could realize that I've only got around 4 weeks left with everyone that has meant so much to me for the past 4 years, maybe I would be being a better friend.  But I can't come to terms with that...I don't want to, I know that, although I should do it anyway, and it would make things better on the whole.  

God loving me infinitely, and that mattering.  There's nothing new about God's love theology.  But who hasn't felt like that love wasn't enough to fill relational holes in our hearts?  But it is.  I'm trying to realize that.

And Patience....
It gets it's own section, but it's largely wrapped up in the other two.  What comes along with leaving college is the fact that much of my life is very in between right now.  It's not even all that uncertain...just very in between.  I don't feel ready for what comes next, but I feel like I've kind of outgrown where I am now.  So I pray that God grants me patience and helps me realize what he still has for me here.

On the flipside, I'm really excited that I get to keep up with people as a part of my job.  Sure, I hope college friends join my support team financially for the financial side, but moreso, I'm really looking forward to having reasons to call Audrey and Mark or Mike and Elyssa (and others, just examples there folks) in the future as part of my job.

And I'm glad God does love me that much, and I've just got to learn to usefully deal with it.

And I'm glad God has timing that makes things perfect...because I'm imperfect, and my timing would mess everything up, most certainly.

All in all, as long as God is on the throne, how can I complain?  For even the worst that can happen will turn me over to him.

Until next time, have a blessed Easter.

-Zack
"And this journey's hurting in ways we accept as part of fate's decree"
-Vienna Teng


No comments:

Post a Comment