Sunday, April 3, 2011

Writing about Writing

It's not been the most uncommon occurrence for me to say something, on this blog or its past incarnations, like this :"I've been feeling, lately, like I should write more."

I even went as far, at the beginning of the year, as making "write more" one of my new year's resolutions.  If you're an at all frequent reader of this thing, you'd know that I've mostly failed that one.  Actually, "frequent readers" don't really exist right now, unless they're more like "re-readers," because I just don't update all that often.  Maybe I average once per week, maybe...but even then , it's irregular.  Right now, obviously, it's Sunday.   Last week, it was Monday.  I don't honestly remember my last post prior to last Mondays, but it was probably a week or so prior to last Monday.  That's my rough, poor, schedule.

But it doesn't mean any of the feelings have subsided.  Actually, they just increase.  It's oftentimes the only thing I can say I feel "right" doing.  If I'm doing anything else, it probably feels like it's less of what I'm supposed to be doing.  That can't apply across the board, but it's pretty close.  Most of the time, I spend m days feeling like I'm not doing enough, feeling like I'm failing to some extent.  But never, not once, in my entire life, have I felt like writing was a waste of time.  I used to post on here every Thursday between getting off work at 11 and our Stewardship meeting at 12.  I never once used that time for homework, but I never once felt like I should have either.

Everyone's got their thing like that, and I think mine is writing.  But I don't know what that means right now.

-Zack

"Til we get our freedom we got to get over, we steady on the grind"
-Dead Prez

No comments:

Post a Comment