Wednesday, December 22, 2010

365

One year ago today, though it was a Tuesday then, I met the woman I am going to marry.  I wouldn't have guessed it then.  I wouldn't have guessed it even as late as this past May, when we started dating.  Well, I probably could have guessed it then.  Because I knew in early May that our relationship would be God-ordained and I knew he was asking me to take the step of faith entering into a relationship with her would be.  But it was a step of faith not just worth taking, but one, I know, I was excited to take at the time.

But that doesn't mean it was going to be easy, and most certainly, it has not been.  Loving her is easy.  It's the easiest thing I've ever had or wanted to do.  But it's not easy when she's away, when she has to be away, or when I'm away, because I have to be away.

But nonetheless, it has been a glorious year, a great predecessor to the year to come...which, I do believe, will be even more spectacular.

-Zack

"And I never thought I would find her here
Flannel and satin, my four walls transformed
But she's looking at me, straight to center
No room at all, for any other thought"
-Vienna Teng

No comments:

Post a Comment