Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's the bond that will keep us together.....

I'm going to admit, right now, that the reason I'm writing this is to get out of work....well, other work...I still feel like this is a necessary enough task for a lot of reasons. I had/have a few hours of envelope writing ahead of me, and decided to break it up a bit. I'm learning, more and more each day that producing and sending a newsletter is a ton of work...but it's kind of fun. There's just a lot that goes into it...keeping track of addresses, making sure you don't send two to one person, writing out everything, printing everything, getting all the postage together..doing expense reports after the fact...and, of course, producing the letter itself. That's kind of the least work...well, it was this time. I doubt it will ever be hard for me to write a couple of pages (or less) though......I could probably stand to get really good at making it more visually appealing...that will come with time (and boredom with repetition, I'm sure). But this is my first prayer letter in the strictest sense...technically, the first thing was an announcement letter....that, of course, isn't counting China/SLT things...

Anyway, here I am, it's Thursday again. The weeks are going by quickly now. Wedding #2 is just a week away (well, and the distance between now and the weekend). The summer will certainly be over before I know it...

A Fact about Facebook: More than just the facts, you get to see the overall tone of society...or at least your section of society that makes up your friends. This week, I've been learning that band camp is just a month away at the College of Wooster...and that's making a lot of people excited...It's going to be really weird not going back....and that also means that the Regional Staff Conference and the beginning of the school year really are just around the corner. Fascinating....weird. Exciting.

Give me and event and I'll give you some adjectives.

I have Bob Hope stamps. They were out of Black Heritage, so I went with the other BH.

Mostly because Annie said not to get Bell/Flag/Military Insignia stamps if I could avoid it. I'm okay with that....it's a lot more fun that way, and apparently it means more people read your letters?

Speaking of Annie, she leaves for Chicago really soon....tomorrow or within a week, at least, I think. That's weird. Not that she's moving..well, maybe that, a little, but, moreso, that I probably won't see her for quite some time, and that's very different from the life I've had the past four years. She's been basically everywhere I've gone of any significance...she's been at all but one of the weddings I've attended in the past four years, she was at every CFW, every Urban Plunge, Urbana, SLT...she was even supposed to be in China with us, and even when she wasn't, she threw the welcome back party. That's transition though...that's life. It's been time to move on for awhile, and that's where we all are.

Apparently though, I'm one of few people not moving on to Columbus. That's not totally true...especially since Audrey is moving to Minnesota (well, sort of "moving")....but there's a chance I can one-stop-shop my visiting for almost everyone from school by going to Columbus. Hyperbole...but not too terribly much.

It's going to be so weird not living in Ohio. I've always lived in Ohio. This is my place. But at least, where I'm going, Vernors is readily available.....honestly, were it not for Cleveland and the Buckeyes (and the presence of an unmentionable school in Ann Arbor), Michigan could be a superior state. It's beautiful, it's cooler (temperature), there are lakes...I could easily fall for Detroit like I did Cleveland....I think I'll always have something for the hated-on-cities of our country.... I'm definitely not as unexcited about moving to Michigan as I have been. It's definitely grown on me. I will miss our fall conference, but Michigan's isn't called compelling for nothing, right? I'm not necessarily looking forward to what seems a less interesting format (tracks at a weekend conference...just sounds too cumbersome and not as good at building basics early in the year...but I don't know...I just know what I like and I love it..I'm sure they -we- have good reasons and it will be fine.) Thankfully, in my track, I'll be working with one of my favorite new staff. Okay, I don't think I can pick favorites, but at least it's another Ohio guy adapting to the great white north right there with me.

I honestly don't know what I think anyone will read this some days...like today.


-Zack
"I found a love in me
I somehow always knew that it existed
It just needed to be set free
Bon Voyage"
-Relient K

1 comment: