Sunday, March 22, 2009

Longer than I said it'd be

It's been awhile. But I don't mind, and I doubt you do either. Well, you might...but you certainly didn't say anything about it, so how am I to know?

Quite frankly, I don't know where to begin. Here's a list of all the things that have happened since my last post:

I completed a draft of my I.S., March 1st
I turned in my I.S., March 3rd
Eric Chen visited Wooster (same day)
I went home, March 4th
I went to Hillsdale, March 5th-6th
I went on the Urban Plunge, March 7th-13th
I went home, March 7th-21st
I came back to Wooster, March 21st
It's now March 22nd

And that's just a list of things, not even a story of what happened. And I don't know where to begin. I.S. really feels like a long time ago at this point....#28, and I just saw that someone is 189, so I'm like, 161 ahead of that, and that might not even be the most recent turn-in. It was, after all, nearly two weeks ago. I haven't gone to a class since March 4th. That's a long break when classes are still the same, when we return...and I won't be back in class til Wednesday, so that's a 3 week break for me. A busy break, and an important break, but a 3 week break all the same. And a great break.

Hillsdale is going to be interesting, and it's interesting that I haven't posted at all since I visited, because I definitely could have used this to process a lot, because my feelings after Hillsdale (largely brought on by the Urban Plunge) were definitely something of a roller coaster. At first, I was excited, because there is a ton of potential there, and I met some great people. Then, during the Urban Plunge, I was, quite honestly, a bit upset that I was going somewhere like Hillsdale...really, quite specifically, Hillsdale, because, through 3 Urban plunges, my heart for social justice is a whole lot bigger than Hillsdale's chapter seems to have...at least in very different ways...It really felt like a kind of waste, to go to Hillsdale, after all I've been through in InterVarsity, and all the things I love...and there isn't even much room for intentional and direct evangelism at Hillsdale! But God took all that. Sure, I had to give it to him...but it was a pretty swift healing process...or learning process, whatever. We visited Scranton Road Bible Church basically the day that all of my ill-will toward my placement came to a head. And the resounding message every singel person that shared had to say was that God will place you where he wants you, no matter how much you think you belong there. And if you accept that, he will do soemthing great. I got the message.

And the Urban Plunge was wonderful. The group was great, we got along great, and having the full week was perfect. The pace was perfect, and, even in my third run at it, I still learned a lot.

Being home wasn't much worth talking about.

And tomorrow is I.S. Monday.
I can't say I've always thought I would get to I.S. Monday. It's just so iconic, so monumental...so surreal really. But it's tomorrow, and I cannot wait.

I feel like there is much I want to share, with everyone, but just can't. Well, don't know how either. Maybe if it comes up specifically, I won't be able to hold it in.

-Zack
"The sun was barely coming up, my heart was all but slowing down, but I could hear and make out the sound, it was my personal symphony"
-Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment