Monday, July 7, 2014

The Return?

4 years ago, well, nearly 5, I wrote this post: http://dulacian.blogspot.com/2010/12/and-back-again.html#!/2010/12/and-back-again.html

I thought it'd be pertinent to revisit it, on what's looking more and more like the eve of LeBron's return. 

I can't say I ever thought I'd see the day- there's proof right there of that. 

http://dulacian.blogspot.com/search/2012/01/recognize.html

About two years ago, I wrote the one above. 

And now it's all coming back to something new, different, and yet, old. 

Or maybe it's not. 

I'm not even sure how I'd feel.  I'd be happy.  Cleveland would be contending.  A prodigal son would return a grown man.  Winning without him would always have been the way we wanted to do it- but if he comes back now, it's so largely going to be because of his family.  That's a big part of what it means to be Cleveland- family. 

I've never been to Miami.  The closest I've been is Savannah, Georgia geographically, and New York City metro-size wise.  I don't think you could just combine the two and get Miami, so I have no context. 

But I've lived in Cleveland for 3 years and Ohio my whole life.  Forgetting where you came from isn't an option, and I don't think it ever was for LeBron either. 

But he's not officially back yet.  I'm not sure when or even, yet, if he will be. 

I'll be elated, but things won't be what they were when he left.  Nothing's ever going to take us back to those days.

And maybe that's a good thing.
-Zack

No comments:

Post a Comment