Monday, November 28, 2011

Some things, they happened.

I got married.
I went to New York.
I came back to Cleveland and realized that I don't ever want to live in a different city, almost immediately.
The NBA is back.
Urban Meyer is Ohio State's new coach.
I returned to CSU and held Bible study again and it felt good.
I turned 24.
Thanksgiving happened and I'm back into Christmas music


Other things, more minor things, happened too.  That's in no particular order, but the top one should be where it is, that's certain.  It was an incredible week.  To say I can't believe it's already over is an understatement.  But it's a struggle, to jump back into the grind. I don't know if it's good or dangerous that next week is already the last week of classes at CSU.

It's a good thing for my reading.  I've still got to finish 10 books to reach my goal for the year.  I'm only close to the end of three right now, plus Wuthering Heights (which I can't wait to begin on Thursday).  I've got to finish 6 other books I've got hundreds of pages left in or haven't started yet (effectively having hundreds of pages left in them).  I haven't failed yet since I started this reading schedule.  I might fail this year.  That happens, when you get married and plant a chapter in the same year.  It's been a busy year.

I feel a lot more grown up now, than I did November 18th.  Its got to be artificial, because what really changed?  But what really changes ever?  Isn't it just a mindset anyway?  It's a good thing because I'd say it's about time.

We walked by Occupy Wall Street on Friday.  It was small and kind of annoying.  I'm all for the occupy movement in concept; if anything, I don't think they come out as anti-capitalist enough for my own taste.  But essentially, that's where I see the broken link.  Our system is broken because of Corporate greed, but corporations are greedy because the system rewards them for greed and favors the non-benevolent.  It's impossible for the 99% to get their fair share within this system, so protesting at Wall Street isn't going to accomplish much, because this system is set up to benefit those who have and punish those without.  As long as that's the case, it's game over before it's game on.  Until people are people and valued a such (and not considered a commodity), our crick widens and our paddle dwindles further to oblivion.

But like I said, I got married.  It's the best thing that's ever happened to me.  I'm only beginning to understand what it really means, but it excites me to the brink of frivolity just thinking about it.

-Zack

No comments:

Post a Comment