Thursday, December 24, 2009

Sing we now of Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone. May the love of Christ our savior dwell with you today and tomorrow and always.

In coming to Earth, Jesus proved to all of us a divine promise: "I love you and I will do whatever it takes to be with you." Even, in the words of Paul "death on a cross."

Love like that today.

Love like that always.

Celebrate beauty, celebrate life. Celebrate the coming of a king who gave up everything for his people.

I pray you can love deeply this Christmas and into the next year.

My senior English teacher, as her sort of parting advice as we graduated, told us to "love strongly, and when it hurts, because it will hurt, keep loving." Jesus personified that sort of love..and I wish I could too. I wish you could too. I wish we all could.

But let us not speak of what is wrong with the world today, because although there is much wrong, and much of that stems from a lack of love, today we celebrate. We celebrate because Christ came and brought hope, and then he brought and is bringing change and love and peace and joy.

Rejoice with me, brothers and sisters, for Christ has come and the darkness has ended.

-Zack

"Good people all, this Christmas time,
Consider well and bear in mind
What our good God for us has done
In sending his beloved son"
-The Wexford Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment