Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Able

Starting today, right now, I plan to post daily.  The emphasis in the preceding sentence is on the predicate; "plan."  I probably won't succeed in this, so I've actually set a goal to post 3 times per week.  Generally speaking, it's not the best idea to start with failure in mind, but I'm being realistic.  I'm getting married this fall, planting a chapter, and embracing a new city and all that goes with that.  I won't have tons of time.  Perhaps you're wondering why I'd even try.  It's precisely because of all of those thing that I've got to try.

So, to get to this goal and to generally open my mind to the lot of you 15 or less readers in new and exciting ways, I'm introducing a few new "features" here...Starting roughly this month, I'll be writing about:
1. the places I eat in Cleveland.  I've never lived in a city with more than 4 or 5 locally owned restaurants (and if you take out ice cream stands, that number is considerably smaller).  There are so many amazing places to eat in Cleveland, and I thought I'd do my part in making that known.
2. the movies I watch.  This is something that's been close to my heart since college and I never realized how much I love it til I haven't done it these past 2 years and change.
3. the books I read.  I probably won't write extensively on most of them, but I read a lot and exploring where my mind is because of what I read is probably a healthy exercise.

All of this will, of course, come in the course of my usual ponderings on any and everything that comes to mind as I live out this adventure called life.  Nothing is really changing, aside from the frequency and the variety.  I hope, on the other side of all of this, you have a more enjoyable reading experience when you come here to read whatever it is I write.

-Zack

"It's kinda hard sayin this to your face, so I do it over snares and bass"
-Lil Wayne

1 comment:

  1. Super excited for more frequent posts...but no pressure, it sounds like you will be pretty busy in the coming months. And, btw, I started reading Midnight's Children while in Europe and so far I'm loving it!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete